Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
The Youthforia residential 2011
Friday 25th November- Sunday 27th November- Best weekend of 2011! It’s the Youthforia residential! In fact it was my 3rd Residential! Each Youthforia member represents their area and must be part of a local group to be able to do this. The role of a young person who participates in the Youthforia is to enable the voice of these local groups to be heard at a regional level. The residential allows the members to know each other better and participate in workshops that interest us! I went into the Ministry of Defence group, because I didn’t know much about it, and was keen to find out more! It was quite interesting because I learnt where the money goes and how it helps other countries for example, in foreign aid! I had such an enjoyable time from the morning jogs with Marike to partying till 3 in the morning (just kidding)! At the end of the sessions, we were taught how to approach our MP to voice our concern on the topic. I am hoping to do this and continue voicing young people’s opinions on a regional level! I’d also like to say on behalf of those who went, thanks to my youth worker Mark for taking us and to the council for supporting us!
In this section
- Members discuss emotional health and wellbeing of young people
- Members discuss guides for working with young people of faith and English exams
- Bus drivers and getting involved in a new nhs watchdog
- Members interviewing for Trafford's new Chief Executive
- Members meet in local coffee shop
- Youthforia - The North West's own youth forum
- Members work on transport issues for young people in Trafford.
- Members do some campaign planning
- Members plan for the coming year
- Members tell the police authority what issues they think the police should be focussing on