Pensioner, 90, taken to hospital after fire at her home

First published in News

A 90-year-old lady was taken to hospital after a kitchen fire at her home.


Firefighters were called to her home at Westbourne Park, Urmston, at around 6pm on January 5.


The pensioner had put a pan of food under her grill, the handle of which subsequently caught fire.


The woman was in quite a frail condition after inhaling a significant amount of smoke and was taken to Trafford General by ambulance.


The lady has now recovered and has been discharged from hospital. 
 

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree