Toaster fire causes damage to Flixton house

First published in News

A TOASTER fire caused significant damage to the kitchen of a Flixton house in the early hours of this morning.


Fire crews from Sale and Stretford were called to Shawe Hall Avenue at around 1.30am.


The two female residents of the house had already vacated the address before firefighters arrived.


Two crew members then entered the property wearing breathing apparatus and put out the blaze with a hose reel.


The toaster was plugged in but had not been used, so it is thought the fire was caused due to an electrical fault.


A Home Safety Check had already been carried out at the property, but crew members made sure the area was safe and gave advice.


To book a free Home Safety Check, visit manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_risk_assessments.aspx.
 

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree