Smoke alarm warns of sofa fire

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS from Altrincham were called to the report of a fire in a house on Ashley Road, Altrincham, at 2.24pm on December 27.

When they arrived they found a fire which had damaged a sofa in the living room of the detached house, which started when a mobile heater sited close to the sofa was accidentally switched on.

Two people who were inside the house at the time of the fire were alerted to it by a smoke alarm, which allowed them to escape before the fire service arrived.

The firefighters used a hosereel to extinguish the fire and removed the sofa from the property.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree