ST Alphonsus RC Primary School in Old Trafford has been named as 'outstanding' in all areas by Ofsted inspectors.
The team praised everything from the achievement of pupils to the quality of teaching. They also highlighted the behaviour and safety of pupils and leadership and management as aspects of school life that deserved praise.
In their report the Ofsted inspectors found that -
* From exceptionally low starting points on entering the Early Years Foundation stage pupils have made outstanding progress by the end of Year Six;
* standards in reading and Maths at the end of Year Six are well above the national average in 2013 and writing was above average;
* teachers generate a great enthusiasm for learning among pupils;
* pupils behaviour is invariably exemplary and attitudes to learning are extremely positive;
* pupils feel entirely safe in school;
* the management of teaching and learning by senior leaders is highly effective and plays a major contribution to pupils' excellent achievement;
* the headteacher's outstanding leadership over time has continued the drive for improvement since the previous inspection and taken the school from good to outstanding;
* the governing body provides first class support and challenge to the school and plays a crucial part in helping it achieve its ambitions;
* parents comments show that they are extremely happy with the care that the school provides and the progress that their children make.
Pictured celebrating the 'outstanding' Ofsted report at St Alphonsus RC Primary School on Hamilton Street, Old Trafford, is headteacher Tina Birds and some of her equally proud pupils.