Entire floor of Altrincham house badly damaged by fire

Entire floor of Altrincham house badly damaged by fire

Entire floor of Altrincham house badly damaged by fire

First published in News

AN entire floor of an Altrincham house was badly smoke damaged following a fire caused by an unattended candle.


Crews from Sale and Altrincham fire stations were called to the detached, four-storey house, on Oldfield Road, at around 5.45am this morning.


Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels and a water jet to tackle the blaze, which had started in a first floor bathroom after a lit candle had been left on the side of a bath.


Firefighters then used a high pressure fan to clear the residual smoke.


A spokesman for the fire service said: “Never leave a candle unattended and remember to extinguish it before you go to sleep.”


A complete guide to candle safety can be found at manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_safety/candle_safety.aspx.
 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree