Man taken to hospital with burns to hands and face after chip pan fire at Hale Barns home

Messenger Newspapers: Man taken to hospital with burns to hands and face after chip pan fire at Hale Barns home Man taken to hospital with burns to hands and face after chip pan fire at Hale Barns home

A MAN was taken to hospital with burns to his hands and face after a chip pan fire at his Hale Barns home.


Firefighters from Altrincham and Wythenshawe stations were called to the semi-detached house, on Crompton Drive, at around 6.45pm yesterday, December 11.


The 32-year-old had left the pan on the hob unattended and then put out the fire before fire crews arrived.


The occupant was taken to Wythenshawe Hospital by ambulance and has since been discharged.
 

Firefighters the used specialist equipment to ensure the scene was safe, but the blaze had damaged the chip pan and the hood of the cooker.
 

Chairman of Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Authority, Cllr David Acton, said: "Distraction remains one of the biggest causes of fire in the kitchen - when you're preparing your food, please give it your full attention at all times.


"Thankfully this man has escaped with his life and has since been discharged from hospital, but chip pan fires can have deadly consequences.
 

"GMFRS is urging people to ban the pan and swap chip pans for an electric deep fat fryer - thermostatically controlled electrical deep fat fryers that plug into the wall are much safer to use."
 

For advice about safety in the kitchen, visit manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_safety/safety_in_kitchen.aspx.
 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree