Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Wythenshawe and Sale East (House of Commons)
Rt Hon. Paul Goggins MP (Labour)
Surgery: 2nd Friday of each month 3.30pm-4.30pm
Forum Library, Wythenshawe.
2nd Friday of each month 6pm-7pm
St Francis Church, Budworth Road, Sale Moor.
2nd Saturday of each month 10am-11am
Forum Library, Wythenshawe.
4th Friday of each month 5pm-6.30pm
Manchester College, Northenden Campus.
4th Saturday of each month 10am-11am
Sale Waterside, Sale.
Surgery Tel: 0161 499 7900
MP Since - 1997 Majority - 7,575 Born - 16/06/1953, Married, 2 sons, 1 daughter.
Education - St Bede's, Manchester, Ushaw College, Durham, Birmingham Polytechnic, Manchester Polytechnic.
Previous Occupation - Child Care Worker, Liverpool Catholic Social Services (1974-75), Officer-in-Charge, Local Authority Children's Home, Wigan (1976-84), Project Director, NCH Action for Children, Salford (1984-89), National Director, Church Action on Poverty (1989-97).
Personal Overview - Principal political interests lie within the sphere of welfare and poverty, both in the UK and internationally. Strong connections and widespread experience of social issues make him well qualified to pursue an active Parliamentary role in this area of political life. Convictions appear to stem partly from his Christian beliefs. Was moved from the controversial Prisons Portfolio in May 2006, following the issues surrounding the issue of the deportation of foreign prisoners.
Political History - Salford District Councillor (1990-98), Member for Wythenshaw and Sale East (1997-). Joint Vice Chairman of the Parliamentary Labour Party International Development Committee (2001-04). Member of the Social Security Select Committee (1997-98). PPS to Rt. Hon John Denham MP (Minister for Welfare Reform, then Minister of State for Health) (1998-2001). PPS to the Secretary of State for Education & Employment, then to the Home Secretary (Rt. Hon. David Blunkett MP) (2001-03). Secretary, Poverty All Party Group. Prisons Minister at the Home Office (2003-06). Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Northern Ireland Office (2006-07), Minister of State for the Northern Ireland Office (2007-10). Shadow Minister for the Northern Ireland Office (2010) and Cabinet Office (2010).
Characteristics - With a seemingly overriding interest in welfare issues it remains to be seen whether conviction will eventually lead to conflict with his own Party, now facing the economic restrictions of Government. Successful career outside politics may be a pointer to potential as a Government member if temptations to rebel can be avoided. Holds a season ticket with Manchester City FC.
Business Tel: 020 7219 5865
Interests: Overseas Development,Urban Issues,Housing,Family Issues,Regional Policy,Employment,Social Security,Constitutional,UK Economy,Transport,Poverty,General Economy,Charities,Trade Unions
- All-Party Parliamentary Friends of CAFOD (Catholic Agency for Overseas Development) Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Child Abduction (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary City Regions Transport Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Disability Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Faith and Society (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Family Business (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Funerals and Bereavement (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Global Uncertainties (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for International Development and the Environment (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Irish in Britain (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Landmines and Unexploded Weapons of Conflict (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Life Transitions (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Local Growth, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Enterprise Zones (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on National Citizen Service and Volunteering (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Penal Affairs Group (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Poverty (Secretary)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Prison Health (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Private Rented Sector (Vice Chairman)
- Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Social Care (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Social Work (Member)
- Africa Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Ethiopia (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary British-Latin America Group (Member)
North West (European Parliament)
Mr Paul Nuttall MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 1977. Married.
Education - Savio High School. Hugh Baird College. North Lincolnshire College (HND Sport Science) Edge Hill University BA (Hons) History. Liverpool Hope University, MA History. City and Guilds 7307 Teaching Qualification. Certificate in Education. Liverpool Hope University, PhD History (Pending).
Previous Occupation - History Lecturer at Hugh Baird College (2002-06). Lecturer in History at Liverpool Hope University (2003-06). European Parliamentary Assistant and Political Advisor to John Whittaker MEP (2006-08).
Personal Overview - Effectively replaced former UKIP MEP John Whittaker at the 2009 European Elections who he had worked for as an assistant at the Parliament for several years. Has an academic background as a lecturer in the Merseyside area. Politically, he has achieved relatively rapid promotion within the party in recent years, becoming Party Chairman in 2008. In terms of European politics, he has gained experience through his work for John Whittaker MEP, he has also acted as a political consultant to Godfrey Bloom MEP and has been Editor of the Bulletin from Brussels Magazine. As well as opposing Britain's membership of the European Union, his political interests include campaigning against political correctness as well as campaigning to save post offices and British pubs.
Political History - Joined UKIP (2004). General Election candidate for Bootle (2005). Candidate for Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council (2006,07,08). Chairman of South Sefton UKIP Branch (2005-2006). Secretary of Young Independence (2008-). Political Consultant to Godfrey
Bloom MEP (2008-09). Chairman of UKIP (2008-). MEP North West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (2009-). Substitute member of the Committee on Culture and Education (2009-11).
Other Information - Member of the Executive Council of the United Commonwealth Society (2007-). Member of the Campaign Against Political Correctness (2006-). Member of the Freedom Association.
Intergroups - N/a.
Mr Paul Nuttall MEP (UK Independence) on Twitter
Messenger Newspapers has no responsibility or control over the content on external blogging sites, but you can contact us if you have a complaint.
Interests: Saving Post Offices from closure,Campaigning against Political Correctness
- Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to email@example.com