TRAFFORD United seconds kept a rare clean sheet in a 1-0 win against Dukinfield Athletic seconds in Division B of the Lancashire and Cheshire Amateur Football League.

Their game was one of only two to go ahead in the division, the other seeing Salford Vics seconds cruise to a 3-0 win against Spurley Hey seconds to move into second spot, three points behind leaders Milton seconds but with a game in hand.

Limited league action in Division One saw Milton move into third spot behind Old Stretfordians and Waterloo with an efficient 4-1 win against Moston Brook.

In Division Three Santos showed their determination after trailing to an early goal from Newton Heath seconds for an hour.

Keith Kurpas levelled for Santos who kept up their momentum to secure victory with late strikes from Reece Holden and Callum Standring.

Division A action saw promotion-hunting Signol Athletic seconds drop their first points of the season as they were held to a 3-3 draw by AFC Oldham seconds.

They are level on points with Aldermere and have an identical goal difference but with a vital game in hand.

There was no action in Divisions C and D to complete another dismal day of weather.

In the Rhodes Cup Premier Division high-fliers High Lane were given a good contest by Division One’s Salford Vics.

Vics gave as good as they got for the first 30 minutes and deservedly took the lead through Keenan Switzer.

But High Lane then upped their game to score three times in quick succession through Liam Ludlam and Johhny Leeson (two) to lead 3-1 at the break.

High Lane sealed victory with strikes from Jimmy Williamson and Tom Parker but Vics showed their fighting spirit with two late goals as Lane went into the quarter finals with a 6-3 win.

In the Wray Cup, Mellor seconds had few problems in accounting for a depleted Heaton Mersey 6-1.

There was a dramatic win for Chadderton Park as they took on Bury Ams seconds in the Whitehead Cup in an excellently-contested game between two well-matched teams at Wright Robinson.

Haydn Paul gave Bury the lead but Park were level at the break before Bury regained the lead via a deflected shot.

Park pressed hard for the equaliser going near on numerous occasions as Bury defended desperately and finally got their reward as Nathan Mansbridge struck on 89 minutes and Park kept their nerve to win the penalty shootout 4-3.

The other Whitehead Cup clash produced another close contest with Hargreaves Bury winning 4-3 in a local derby at Abacus Media seconds.

In the Hellawell Shield there was another cliff hanger between Moston Brook fourths and AFC Stockport that ended at 4-4 in normal time.

AFC Stockport then had few problems in winning the penalty shootout 3-1.