Youngster Matty Lusakueno scored two sensational individual goals to give Trafford a 2-1 home victory against Nantwich Town - their first league win of the season to move them off the bottom of NPL West Division.

The visitors took the lead on 25 minutes when poor defending by Trafford following a free-kick from the right allowed Troy Bourne to half-volley home from 15 yards.

Seven minutes later Sean Cooke almost made it two when he broke clear in the inside right position and blasted a rasping drive against the bar.

The hosts were finding it difficult to break down the well-disciplined Town defence until 18-year-old Lusakueno gained possession out on the left in the 35th minute and sped past four defenders before planting a crisp right footed shot past Daniel Roberts and into the bottom corner to make it 1-1.

The first half ended with Nantwich scorer Bourne picking up two yellow cards in the space of three minutes that led to his dismissal.

Despite being reduced to 10 men, Town dominated the opening exchanges of the second half with Trafford keeper Brad Rose producing a stunning save to tip a Steven Hewitt thunderbolt over.

From the resulting corner, Trafford scrambled the ball clear with Damola Sotona feeding Lusakueno out on the left and just inside his own half. The youngster set off on another lightning fast run down his flank leaving three Town defenders in his wake before unleashing a thunderous drive that flew inside the far post.

The final whistle signalled a tremendous victory for Karl Marginson’s newly-assembled side and a goo reaction after a 2-1 home defeat to Chasetown on Saturday.

Marginson’s young side suffered late heartbreak when an 89th-minute winner gave an over-physical Chasetown side the points at the Away Day Care Shawe View Stadium.

With six players having departed the club since ex-boss Danny Caldecott moved to Clitheroe a fortnight ago, Marginson drafted in seven players from the club’s Under-21 side, three of whom made the starting line-up.

In the 21st minute, and with their first meaningful attack of the game, Chasetown took the lead, home keeper Rose bundling John Atherton to the ground following a long ball out of defence and Jack Langston stepping up to coolly convert a penalty.

In the 56th minute Trafford were finally rewarded for their enterprise with the equalising goal, Rob Worrall swinging over a corner from the right, Lusakueno rising to power a header goalwards and Eddie Survets reacting first to force home the rebound.

Disaster struck for Trafford when a cross was swung in from Chasetown’s right and Jack Langston arrived to expertly guide his glancing header past Rose and inside the far post.

On Saturday, Trafford visit Witton Albion as they look to build on their first victory of the league campaign.