TRAFFORD rounded off their perfect week with another sizzling display to defeat BetVictor North West Division second-placed side Marine 2-1 at College Road on Tuesday night.

Following their 7-2 annihilation of Kendal Town and 3-0 FA Cup success against Bamber Bridge at the weekend, Tom Baker’s young side started the game full of confidence.

However, in the eighth minute they had to call on keeper Matty Cooper to keep them in the game when he brilliantly tipped a Kenny Strickland drive over the bar.

Marine pushed forward in the closing minutes of the first half with Steve Irwin striking the foot of the post from close range.

Trafford stormed forward after the interval and they took the lead in the 48th minute when Lewis Salmon pounced on a mistake by a home defender and drove the ball past Shamal George.

But disaster struck on the hour when the hosts equalised against the run of play, substitute Craig Lindfield firing home at the back post.

Within a minute Sam Grimshaw almost restored Trafford’s lead when his shot from deep on the left cannoned back into play off the far post.

The visitors introduced substitutes Darius Palma and Jordan Johnson in an attempt to break the deadlock and in the 90th minute Palma cut in from the right and curled a magnificent shot into the opposite corner to give Trafford a victory they thoroughly deserved.

Four days earlier, Trafford progressed to another home tie in the FA Cup with a 3-0 first qualifying round victory over Bamber Bridge.

Goals from Jake Kenny, Salmon and Dontai Gabidon sent Baker's boys through to a plum tie against Darlington on Saturday week.

The game started evenly but in the 23rd minute, 17-year-old Salmon, fresh from a midweek hat-trick, broke down the left and fired a pin-point cross low into the box for the onrushing Kenny to side-foot home on his Trafford debut.

The visitors came back into it but, just as the crowd was thinking about their half-time pie and pint, they were treated to a piece of magic from Trafford’s young striker.

Salmon picked up the ball inside his own half and drove towards goal and as the opposition players backed off, he calmly stroked the ball past the static keeper into the bottom corner.

As expected, the visitors came out with renewed purpose, but the Trafford defence stood firm.

And the icing on the cake came when substitute Gabidon found himself some space on the right-hand edge of the box, turned inside and curled his shot into the top corner.