MARK Derbyshire rounded off Trafford’s finest performance of the season with a dramatic stoppage-time winner that ended Mossley’s unbeaten start to the campaign on Tuesday as the Shawe View men won 1-0 on home soil.

It rounded off a good few days for Tom Baker's side after a 2-0 FA Cup first qualifying round win at Lancaster City on Saturday.

They now face a trip to Ashton United in the next round.

Defences were on top for much of the game on Tuesday with the only shots on target in the first half coming from Ally Brown with two long-range efforts that were held by Mossley keeper Jonathan Musangu and a shot by Matty Bryan that the keeper initially fumbled but recovered to gather.

The game became more open in the second period with Mossley winger Mason Duffy firing just wide from the edge of the penalty area and Trafford new boy Danny Wilkins breaking clear but driving against the outside of the post.

Bryan then screwed his shot wide from 15 yards following great work by Derbyshire and a late spell of pressure by Mossley ended with home keeper Matty Cooper producing a fine reflex save to keep out a Ben Richardson free kick.

But it was Trafford who finished the stronger and after huge appeals for a penalty were turned down by the referee, seconds later Bryan cut in down the left and crossed for Derbyshire to slide the ball home from close range and send the home supporters wild.

Three days earlier, Trafford eased through to the second qualifying round of the FA Cup with a surprisingly comfortable 2-0 victory at Lancaster.

Baker’s side were on top from the start and forged ahead after just nine minutes when Wilkins cut in from the left and flighted a delightful cross to the back post where Brown arrived to plant his header firmly past Aiden Stone.

Within a minute visiting striker Derbyshire, who had made such an impressive start to the game, was forced off with a head injury to be replaced by Aaron Burns.

Lancaster enjoyed a greater degree of possession midway through the first half but were totally devoid of ideas and lacking confidence and it was Trafford centre-back Sam Heathcote who came closest to scoring when he broke forward and struck a low drive that was held by Stone.

The second half began with Trafford once again forcing the pace, Brown miscuing a shot from 15 yards and Keil O’Brien heading over following a free kick from the right.

And in the 67th minute the visitors were rewarded once more for their superiority when Brown released Burns in the inside left channel and the ex-Manchester United striker struck a superb low drive inside the far post to make it 2-0.

Lancaster full-back Lewis Fensome’s fierce drive from 25 yards was easily held by Cooper as the hosts attempted to salvage some pride but it wasn’t until the 90th minute that the keeper was called upon to make a save of any note when he blocked Rob Wilson’s close-range effort with his legs.

Trafford host Skelmersdale United on Saturday, kick off 3pm.