TRAFFORD produced another mightily impressive display on Saturday when they defeated National League North outfit Ashton United 3-0 in a pre-season friendly at the First Point Shawe View Stadium.

Both teams attacked from the start with Matthew Regan and Liam Thomsett heading wide for the visitors and Trafford striker Aaron Burns squandering two good chances from close range.

Burns glanced an Andy Langford cross just past the upright before co-striker Mark Derbyshire screwed a chance wide after breaking down the right.

The half ended with the hosts slightly in the ascendancy with Paul Williams curling a free kick inches wide from 20 yards.

Five minutes into the second half Trafford edged ahead when Burns turned neatly and fed Declan Rydings who struck a great shot into the top corner from 15 yards.

Chris Palmer then cleared a Sam Sheridan effort off the goalline before Sam Egerton made it 2-0 in the 69th minute when he volleyed a left-wing corner past Josh Ollerenshaw from eight yards.

The scoring was completed five minutes later when Matthew Crothers dispossessed an Ashton defender and strode forward to fire home from 10 yards.

The previous Tuesday, Trafford secured a morale-boosting 2-1 victory over Chorley at Shawe View.

In the 41st minute the deadlock was broken when, following an almighty goalmouth scramble, an attempted clearance struck home keeper James Coates on the back of the head and the ball trickled over the line.

However, within a minute Trafford levelled when Ally Brown floated a great cross to the back post and Rydings flung himself forward to head past Cameron Belford.

The second half saw both sides making numerous changes with Trafford manager Tom Baker replacing all 10 outfield players in the 62nd minute.

And the hosts appeared to play with greater fluency and control, star striker Burns notching the winner in the 73rd minute when he coolly slotted the ball past Belford following a fine cross by Laurence Taylor.

Burns almost struck again when his header was cleared off the line but Chorley finished the stronger and Coates made several excellent saves to seal the win.