ALTY climbed to the dizzy heights of ninth in the Blue Square Premier after a 1-0 win over Oxford United.

A super strike from Colin Little secured the Robins’ fifth win in six games to seal their fourth straight win at home.

What’s most impressive about that Moss Lane run is the fact Alty have not conceded a goal in 501 minutes on their home turf - a remarkable turnaround for a team that conceded 16 goals in their first nine games of the current campaign.

Oxford actually controlled the early stages of the game, even though it was an extremely scrappy affair.

Jamie Guy wasted a couple of early chances, heading a cross from Lewis Haldane just wide of the post but then lashing a shot wildly over the top.

But the visitors were given an almighty shock when Anthony Danylyk created a chance from nothing, smashing a superb shot at goal from 25 yards, which Billy Turley tipped over the bar.

At the opposite end, Chris Carruthers tested Stuart Coburn, the Alty keeper reacting well to stop his low shot.

With half time beckoning Alty gave the visitors another warning, Chris Senior just failing to connect with Little’s dangerous cross at the far post.

If Oxford had edged the first half, the second was Alty’s.

Elam was denied an opening when Carruthers intervened but the winger soon turned provider to help put his side in front.

An intricate move involving several players gave Elam space to cross. The ball evaded an Oxford defender and fell to Little, who fired a controlled drive across Billy Turley and into the net.

After taking the lead, Alty almost contributed to their own downfall.

The single blip in an otherwise excellent game for centre half Greg Young almost saw him put the ball into his own net when he made a mess of a back-header to Coburn. Luckily, he recovered to clear off the line.

The introduction of substitute Dale Johnson took some pressure off Alty’s midfield and defence, the targetman holding up the ball well to keep possession in the Oxford half.

But the visitors still did have a late chance to snatch a point, only to be denied by Coburn, the keeper throwing himself at a cross from Sam Deering to prevent Matt Taylor getting a touch.