The family of Yousef Makki has won the fight for another inquest into his death after a decision by the High Court.

The tragic teen was stabbed in the heart by Joshua Molnar in Hale Barns almost four years ago, in circumstances which an initial inquest said were not ascertainable on the balance of probabilities.

Coroner Alison Mutch ruled out conclusions of lawful killing or unlawful killing at Stockport Coroner's Court as a result.

READ MORE: Yousef Makki's death in Hale Barns was not unlawful killing, coroner rules.

This came after the trial at Manchester Crown Court, where Mr Molnar was cleared of murder and manslaughter, but he was convicted of possessing a knife and of perverting the course of justice.

But representatives for Yousef's father, Ghaleb Makki, and Yousef's sister, Jade Akoum, last year told two High Court judges there were a number of issues with the approach taken by Ms Mutch.

Pete Weatherby KC addressed Lady Justice Julia Macur and Mr Justice Michael Fordham on these issues, which focused an alleged failure to consider Mr Molnar's credibility or reliability as a witness, and Mr Molnar's state of mind at the time of the incident.

READ MORE: High Court considers appeal for another inquest into death of Yousef Makki.

On January 20, more than two months after the appeal, another inquest was ordered and the initial inquest was quashed.

A ruling said: "Whilst I do not consider that the evidence necessarily all points in one direction, neither can I be satisfied that Her Majesty’s Senior Coroner (HMSC) has assessed all relevant evidence or analysed the findings of fact she made.

"HMSC’s generic reference to her consideration of the 'totality' of the evidence is inadequate to convey that she did ‘strive’ to reach a conclusion upon the evidence.

"If she did so, but was left profoundly unsure, then she did not explain why."

Messenger Newspapers: Yousef MakkiYousef Makki (Image: PA)

Afterwards, Yousef's sister Ms Akoum said: "We are very grateful to the judges for today recognising that the coroner’s conclusion was unlawful, and for the compassion and understanding that they showed us during the judicial review hearing.

"We now look forward to a new inquest before a different coroner, which we hope and pray will establish clearly the facts about how Yousef died."

There is no date for the new inquest, although Yousef's family is appealing to their supporters to help them in covering their legal costs.

A page on GoFundMe raised more than £2,500 of a £20,000 target within a day of the decision by the High Court.

This article was written by Jack Tooth. Jack is the reporter for The Messenger and covers anything and everything from within the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford.

To contact him, email or follow @JTRTooth on Twitter.