A HOUSE in Stretford is being searched in connection with the disappearance of Hadir Al-Anizi.

A murder investigation was launched in July after police were led to believe that Hadir, who is in her 20s, was dead.

Detectives are today searching a property in St Georges Road, Streford, as they continue their enquiries.

Hadir arrived in the UK in November 2018, having travelled from a refugee camp in Greece to live with some family members in the Rusholme area. She had been living in Hall Road, Rusholme, with her six-year-old daughter.

However, she was reported missing on July 2.

Police have issued a video documenting Hadir's journey to the UK as part of their appeal for information about the mother or her whereabouts.

When Greater Manchester Police's Major Incident Team launched their initial investigation, they established that she had not been seen for some time prior to the report being made so could not trace any of her movements.

Specialist officers have examined CCTV in the area where she lives as well as speaking to people as witnesses but this has not yet helped officers find out what exactly happened to her.

The whereabouts of her daughter were unknown at the time Hadir was reported missing but she was found safe and well within a few days.

Detective Chief Inspector Liz Hopkinson, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our team of detectives have been working tirelessly on this case for the last few months, but we’ve still not been able to find any proof that Hadir is alive, and we sadly continue this investigation on the hypothesis that she is not alive.

“We are determined to find out what has happened to Hadir, especially knowing the anguish that her six-year-old daughter is going through not knowing where her mum is.

“It is vital that anyone with information about Hadir or her whereabouts comes forward to police so that we can give her young daughter the answers she deserves.

“Information passed onto us will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence and you can also do this anonymously.”

Two men were previously arrested in connection with the investigation but have since been released on bail pending further enquiries.

Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 9283 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.