Search for more Public Notices in your area


Notice ID: MFN0612943

Notice effective from
9th June 2021 to 9th July 2021

The City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council at its meeting on 18 May 2021 amended its Members' Allowances Scheme for the 2021 -22 municipal year and in doing so had regard to the recommendations of its Independent Remuneration Panel. The Panel recommended that the Chair and Deputy Chair of the Bradford District Appeals Panel be paid a Special Responsibility Allowance of 20% of the Special Responsibility Allowance payable to the Leader of the Council, (being £7,411pa), and 15%, (being £5,558pa), respectively with effect for this municipal year. (The Bradford District Appeals Panel is to replace the Miscellaneous Licences Panel, the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Panel, the Education Appeals Panel, the Housing and Non Domestic Rates Appeal Panel and the Social Services Appeals Panel). The Council accepted this recommendation.
Copies of the amended Scheme are available for inspection by Members of the public at the Main Reception at City Hall, Centenary Square, Bradford BD1 1HY between the hours of 8.30 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 4.30 pm on Fridays. The Council will supply a copy of the report to any person who requests a copy. The Allowances Scheme is also available at page 249 of the Council's Constitution which can be found at:

constitution.pdf. The main features of the amended Scheme are:

See table attached below:

No Member shall receive more than one Special Responsibility Allowance. Where a Member would otherwise be entitled to more than one Special Responsibility Allowance the highest allowance will apply. The Leader, Deputy Leader and Chief Whip of a political group will only be paid a Special Responsibility Allowance for that role, if that group holds at least 15% of the membership of Council.
Co-optees Allowance
A statutory cc-optees allowance shall be payable to those co opted Members on the Children's Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee of £597pa
Dependent Carers' Allowance
A dependant carers' allowance may be claimed by a Councillor for the provision of care to enable him/ her to attend an approved duty.
Travelling and Subsistence Allowances
Councillors may claim a travelling allowance for a journey outside the District and will be expected to use public transport wherever possible. Normally Councillors are expected to travel by bus or standard class rail. Claims for car allowances will only be paid where there is no suitable alternative public transport available or there are special circumstances. Where the use of a private vehicle is for the Member's convenience reimbursement will not exceed the cost of making the journey on public transport. For subsistence allowances only the actual cost incurred may be claimed within set maximum rates.
Parveen Akhtar, City Solicitor, City of Bradford MDC


MFN0612943.pdf Download

Bradford Metropolitan District Council

City Hall , Centenary Square , Bradford , BD1 1HY 01274 432111


or Register to leave a comment and/or receive comment alerts.

Related notices