Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Members work on transport issues for young people in Trafford.
Members had their say, what do you think of transport for young people in Trafford?
IGO card is pointless when in school uniform. Bus drivers should use common sense to judge the age of people Bus drivers attitude are unacceptable. Less hostile. Understanding that not all teenagers cause trouble. Training needed to be friendly.
Price rises are ridiculous. Especially for 16-18 year olds. Too big a range of fares.
The Fuse is inaccessible.
Buses don’t arrive frequently.
For young people with disabilities buses are inaccessible Taxi drivers are unaware of directions Fairly clean Not always available.
Often feel safe but not safe late at night.
More school buses needed.
Some areas have rubbish transport links (Hale Barns, Partington) No mobility scooters allowed on Metrolink system No staff on Metrolink platforms Rarely check tickets No transport parking Real time info is needed.
More cycle lanes needed Good things about Trafford transport · Extensive system · Passes for the disabled · Accessible · New designs of trams are good Code of practice for young people should be: · Basic manners · don’t hang around in large groups if you aren’t using transport · Give up seats for elders For the full minutes of the meeting go to our blog at http://www.tumblr.com/blog/youthcabinet
In this section
- Members discuss emotional health and wellbeing of young people
- Members discuss guides for working with young people of faith and English exams
- Bus drivers and getting involved in a new nhs watchdog
- Members interviewing for Trafford's new Chief Executive
- Members meet in local coffee shop
- Youthforia - The North West's own youth forum
- Members do some campaign planning
- Members plan for the coming year
- Members tell the police authority what issues they think the police should be focussing on
- Members discuss the future of libraries in Trafford