Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Members meet Kate Green MP
Quick hits 1. Children's Commissioner's Takeover Day Friday November 11th • Elmyra and Shereen writing to the Messenger newspaper. Wanted to know what exactly needs to go into the letter. Asking to take over for the day and hopefully get a frontpage story. Reporting on some of the other things going on that day.
2. Campaign areas questionnaires • Deferred until next meeting 3. Hoodie update • Hoodies arrived and distributed.
4. UKYP consent forms • Deferred until next meeting 5. Town Hall hoarding picture • Deferred until next meeting 6. Youth Cabinet exchange • Deferred until next meeting 7. O2 Think Big • Deferred until next meeting 8. Mobile apps for engagement • Meeting to be held in a couple of weeks to start this project 9. Half Term training event • Deferred until next meeting 10. The Fuse • Deferred until next meeting 11. Youthforia residential Friday November 25th to Sunday 27th November • Deferred until next meeting 12. Youth Voice Awards • Deferred until next meeting 13. Fatma • Deferred until next meeting 14. Police equality strategy • Deferred until next meeting 15. New Trafford spending challenge • Deferred until next meeting Feedback 16. Naadhirah work experience • Deferred until next meeting 17. Diverse Communities Forum • Deferred until next meeting 18. Trafford General meeting • Deferred until next meeting 19. BYC Party conference event • Deferred until next meeting 20. Young Voters Question Time • Deferred until next meeting For discussion 21. Kate Green MP • Members met with Kate Green MP and asked her the following questions: Trafford 1. What is your main priority to help Trafford this year?
2. How would you describe Trafford to someone who has never been?
3. What is your opinion on youth services in Trafford?
4. If you could change one thing about Trafford what would it be?
5. What would you say about the quality of education in Trafford?
Democracy 6. Why is local democracy important?
7. Where do you stand on votes for 16 year olds?
8. What is it like being a MP?
9. Why were you chosen as MP for Streford and Urmston?
10. Why should Trafford residents vote labour in May 2012?
Young People 11. Do you have any ideas to improve the image of young people in the media?
12. How can you make young people aware of further education other than university after they finish school?
13. Do you have any ideas about how to improve the safety of young people on public transport?
14. How can you improve older people’s views on young people?
15. How could you get young people’s views heard more?
• Also discussed the upcoming youth democracy event. Kate said members should invite all three MP’s from Trafford and hopefully one at least would be able to attend on a Thursday afternoon depending on parliamentary business.
• Kate also discussed safety on transport and services for young people in more depth.
• Kate is keen on cross generational activities where young people can spend time with older people to break down barriers.
22. Higher Education White Paper • Deferred until next meeting 23. Review of PSHE education • Deferred until next meeting 24. Safeguarding Board minutes • Deferred until next meeting 25. AOB • None
In this section
- Members discuss emotional health and wellbeing of young people
- Members discuss guides for working with young people of faith and English exams
- Bus drivers and getting involved in a new nhs watchdog
- Members interviewing for Trafford's new Chief Executive
- Members meet in local coffee shop
- Youthforia - The North West's own youth forum
- Members work on transport issues for young people in Trafford.
- Members do some campaign planning
- Members plan for the coming year
- Members tell the police authority what issues they think the police should be focussing on