For the second time in the space of eight days, Trafford fought back from two goals down to defeat Warrington Town 3-2, a victory that moves them up into third place in the Evo Stik League Division One North table.

The visitors were on top for much of the first half and should have taken the lead in the eighth minute when Martyn Andrews conceded possession and the ball was played into Ciaran Kilheeney who shot wide with just Tom Read to beat.

Town striker Kevin Townson then blasted wide from 20 yards, Read pushed a Kilheeney shot past the post but was powerless to prevent the former giving his team the lead in the 27th minute when he fired in completely unmarked from 10 yards.

Trafford almost snatched an immediate equaliser when Town full back Phil Doran turned a Michael Oates cross against his own post and in the 33rd minute Doran was fortunate to escape a red card when he pulled down Michael Oates after he burst through the visiting defence. However, the Town player received just a yellow card and then saw Oates fire the resultant penalty well over the crossbar.

In the 38th minute the visitors doubled their lead. Jimmy McCarthy struck a fine free kick against the crossbar, the home defence failed to clear and Phil Mooney was on hand to net from close range.

Trafford manager Garry Vaughan introduced substitute Shelton Payne to the action at half time and within seconds of his arrival the fleet-footed winger should have reduced the arrears when he sped past Doran but saw his shot saved by the legs of goalkeeper Andy Robertson.

It was the visitors who were dominating the midfield with some neat build up play orchestrated by a fine performance by John Miles and it was against the run of play that Trafford pulled a goal back in the 61st minute, Payne crossing hard and low and Paul Ashton arriving at the back post to drill the ball into the back of the net.

This goal breathed fresh life into the Shawe View outfit and in the 72nd minute they levelled when Martyn Andrews fed Michael Oates who cracked a great low drive from 20 yards into the bottom corner for his 25th goal of the season.

Five minutes later the comeback was complete when Shelton Payne once again tormented Doran who tripped his opponent and conceded another penalty. This time Payne himself took the spot kick and coolly rammed the ball into the roof of the net to make it 3-2.