TRAFFORD got their Evo-Stik First Division North play-off push back on track on Easter Monday with a 3-2 home win against Colwyn Bay.

The Shawe View men had no game on Saturday due to most of their rivals playing games in-hand and those matches could not have gone any worse for Tom Baker’s men.

Having sat in fourth place prior to the weekend, they ended up going into Monday's clash in eighth, making it a must-win encounter.

The nerves were evident in the first 10 minutes with both teams guilty of carelessness in midfield.

The game burst into life in the 11th minute when Craig Linfield slipped his marker down the right wing and sent a low cross across the face of goal.

Visiting skipper Sam Barnes was adjudged to have handled the ball as he lunged to clear in front of his goalkeeper and the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Aaron Burns coolly stroked the penalty into the bottom corner 12 minutes in.

The visitors responded when the ball was bundled home by Barnes just before the half-hour mark, atoning for his earlier mistake.

The goal sparked Bay into life and Terry Smith got his fingertips to a stinging drive from Louis Corrigan, tipping it onto the bar.

Level at the break, the game then turned on its head in the space of a minute in the second period.

Mulholland was released down the left and cut inside Liam Brownhill who did his best not to foul the advancing striker.

It seemed as if Langford had averted the danger by shepherding the ball out of play, only for the referee to adjudge he had committed a foul and pointed to the spot.

Danny Andrews stepped up for Bay, but Smith dived to his right to keep the ball out.

The ball broke back to Trafford from the resulting corner and substitute Mark Derbyshire fed Lee Neville who slipped the ball through to Jack Dorney who could not miss from six yards on 68 minutes.

Trafford saw the game out to give themselves one last chance of claiming a play-off place if they beat Yorkshire rivals Ossett Town away on Saturday.