TRAFFORD cruised through to the final of the Manchester Premier Cup on Wednesday night with a comfortable 3-0 victory over a hard-working Mossley side.

The visitors dominated from the start and took the lead after just five minutes with a neatly created goal, Simon Hackney crossing from the left, Nia Bayunu back heading and Michael Oates ghosting in to plant a firm volley into the bottom corner.

Trafford’s young goalkeeper Kieran O’Hara twice saved pile-drivers with his legs to thwart Tom Pratt and Brian Matthews, but the best chances fell to Garry Vaughan’s side as Rory Fallon curled a shot just over and, five minutes before the interval, Oates and Hackney failed to force the ball home following great work by Tom Schofield.

In the 58th minute Simon Hackney struck a wonderful free kick from 25 yards into the top corner to make it two but was sent off just a minute later for a rather debatable second yellow card.

Despite this setback, the 10 men of Trafford continued to dominate with Shelton Payne cracking a drive against the outside of the post and then splitting the home defence wide open with a delightful pass that allowed Michael Oates to nonchalantly clip the ball past Russ Saunders.

Payne then saw his shot saved at full length by Saunders before Rory Fallon broke down the left but failed to find the unmarked Payne in the middle.

In the 77th minute dangerman Payne broke forward but was cynically taken out by former Trafford centre back Kevin McGrath who was immediately shown the red card.

Mossley showed plenty of spirit in the closing stages with substitute Dean Warburton twice cracking in long range efforts but it was Trafford who came closest to scoring again, when that man Payne cut in from the left but once more struck the outside of the post.

The final whistle signalled an excellent performance and result for Trafford who now await the outcome of the other semi-final which is being played next week between New Mills and Hyde FC. The date and venue of the final has yet to be decided.