Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Timperley man, 92, taken to hospital after grill fire
9:33am Monday 15th October 2012 in News
A 92-year-old man was taken to hospital after a small fire at his home.
Two crews from Sale and Altrincham fire stations were called to the address on Lorraine Road, Timperley, at around 5.30pm yesterday. Some food had been left unattended under the grill and had caught fire.
The fire was out before firefighters arrived, but the elderly man was suffering quite badly from the effects of smoke.
He was given oxygen at the scene and was taken to hospital by ambulance.
The fire crews carried out a Home Safety Check and fitted a smoke alarm at the property.
For a free Home Safety Check call 0800 555 815 or visit manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_risk_assessments.aspx.