Discarded cigarette causes small fire at Altrincham shop

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS were called to an Altrincham shop after some cavity wall insulation caught fire.


The incident took place at the Oxford Road store at around 4.20pm on February 22.


Crews from Stretford and Sale attended and put out the blaze – which had been caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette – with a small quantity of water.


A portion of the cavity wall located to the rear of the shop was damaged by the fire.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree