Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Pensioner suffers smoke inhalation after pan fire at his home
11:38am Monday 7th January 2013 in News
A 71-year-old came home to discover a fire in his kitchen.
The incident took place at around 3.15pmon Saturday (January 5) in the kitchen of a semi-detached house on Barton Road, Lostock, Stretford.
It is thought the pensioner had put a pan of food on the hob of his electric cooker, but then forgot about it and went out.
Fire crews Stretford and Sale stations entered the house and put out the blaze with a hose reel.
The man had breathed in quite a lot of smoke, but declined oxygen treatment from fire service staff and hospital treatment.
The crews made the area safe, dispersed the smoke, carried out a Home Safety Check and installed a smoke alarm.
To book a free Home Safety Check, visit manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_risk_assessments.aspx.