Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Two bin fires caused by cigarettes
10:09am Wednesday 24th October 2012 in News
STRETFORD firefighters were called to two incidents involving bin fires this weekend.
At around 1.30pm on October 20, a crew from Stretford Fire Station was called to a secondary fire at Victoria Park, Stretford.
The crew put out the fire with a hose reel, the fire is thought to have been caused by a cigarette disposed of by an adult On Sunday, October 21, firefighters were called to Humphrey Lane, Urmston, following reports of a bin on fire.
Again the incident was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service urged residents to properly dispose used cigarettes.