Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Residents escape from a fire in Old Trafford
12:20pm Friday 28th September 2012 in News
EIGHT people escaped from a house fire on Seymor Grove, Old Trafford, yesterday.
Firefighters were called to the semi detatched house just after 7.40pm to find all the residents of the property safe and outside of the burning house.
Engines from Salford and Moss Side attended the blaze. The cause of the fire has been identified as a pan of food that was left heating unattended on the cooker.
The fire and smoke caused around 25 percent of damage to the kitchen.
The firefighters used breathing apparatus and the hose reel to extingish the fire. They also used a pressure fan to remove the smoke from the property.
After a safety check they confirmed the property was safe to enter.
For a free Home Safety Check, which could include the fitting of smoke alarms, call 0800 555 815 or visit www.manchesterfire.gov.uk