Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Sale primary school evacuated due to 'fire'
A SALE primary school had to be evacuated after a light fitting started emitting smoke yesterday.
Upon seeing the smoke, a teacher at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School pressed the fire bell and called the fire service at around 2.40pm.
Headteacher, Barbara Harold, said the evacuation was routine and the children were outside for around 20 minutes.
The ‘fire’ was already out before a crew from Sale Fire Station arrived, but they ensured the area was safe.
It is believed the incident was caused by an electrical fault in a light fitting.