Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Blow torch fire at Sale home
FIRE crews attended a house in Sale after a butane gas blower caught fire yesterday.
A man had been stripping paint at his house on Derby Road but had not secured the top of his blow torch properly and the whole implement caught fire.
He then threw the torch into the sink with some towels, which were destroyed by the blaze.
Crews from Stretford and Altrincham arrived at the property at approximately 11.15am and made the site safe.
A home safety check was also carried out.
To book a free home safety check visit manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_risk_assessments.aspx or call 0800 555 815.
Comments are closed on this article.