MELLOR completed a memorable and record-breaking week for their club as they lifted five of the Lancashire and Cheshire Amateur Football League’s top trophies following their Rhodes Cup success at Bury FC.

Their first team were in a title decider against long-time Premier Division leaders Whalley Range, who needed a draw to clinch the title.

Range took an early lead with a great finish from Luke Bennion but conceded a penalty on 26 minutes, converted by Liam Millen to have the teams level at the break after an even first half.

Range dominated for long periods in the second half and a clinical finish from Tim Kinsella regained their lead, only for an unfortunate own goal again seeing Mellor back on terms.

Kinsella quickly restored the Range lead with a close-range effort to have his team in touching distance of the title, only for Mellor to again battle back on the brink of normal time with a spot kick again converted by Millen.

It was all to play for and Mellor had centre-back Craig Fairfield powering home a header from a corner deep into injury time to give them the lead for the first time in the game and their first-ever Premier Division title.

Mellor seconds completed a cup double for their club with a hard-earned 2-1 win against Whalley Range seconds in the Wray Cup final at Cheadle Town.

Range had the better of the first half and led 1-0 at the break with a strike from Dan Parker.

Mellor showed their intent as they looked to win the trophy they held two seasons ago and levelled on 62 minutes with a penalty converted by Mike Atherton.

Five minutes later a superb cross from the outstanding Danny Leibrick was converted with a fine looping header from Jonny Valentine.

Range’s woes were heightened as they were reduced to 10 men for the final stages but it took a series of excellent saves from Mellor keeper Marc Green to deny them an equaliser.

Mellor seconds completed a league and cup double a few days later as a 5-2 win at Whalley Range seconds took them to the top of Division Two.

The nap-hand of trophies was completed as the aggregate points secured by their first and second teams also saw them take the SE Woollam Aggregate Trophy again for the first time in the club’s long history in the league.

There were plenty of goals in the two games in Division B with Bury Ams thirds winning by the odd goal in nine at Old Trafford and Gorse Hill seconds and Staly Lions seconds beating Bedians seconds 4-2.

The final action of the season in Division D had Old Stretfordians thirds taking the runners-up berth with a 5-2 win at Didsbury fourths, keeping them a point clear of Trafford United seconds who won an entertaining game at Stoconians thirds by the odd goal in 11.