FIREFIGHTERS tackled a house fire in Flixton early this morning.

Three crews from Sale, Stretford and Eccles were called to a fire at a house in Shaftesbury Gardens at around 6.30am on Wednesday April 19.

They found a fire in the kitchen. They extinguished the flames and used a fan to clear smoke.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Watch Manager David Minto said: “Please remember to take care in the kitchen, as carelessness can put your life at risk.

“The owner had thankfully closed their kitchen door, which contained the fire to the kitchen. If they hadn’t, this incident could have been much more serious.”

No-one is reported to have been injured.

Firefighters were on the scene for around 25 minutes.