Overturned lamp causes fire at Altrincham house

Overturned lamp causes fire at Altrincham house

Overturned lamp causes fire at Altrincham house

First published in News
Last updated

AN overturned lamp caused a fire in an Altrincham house.


Crews from Altrincham, Sale and Wythenshawe fire stations were called to the two-storey property, on Oakfield Road, at around 5.45am on May 25.


An 87-year-old man and a 61-year-old woman were out of the property when crews arrived and were being treated by paramedics.


Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus then entered the house and put out the blaze with a hose reel.


The fire caused damage to the carpet and other items in the living room of the house.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree