Firefighters called after frier sets alight at Hale chip shop

Firefighters called after frier sets alight at Hale chip shop

Firefighters called after frier sets alight at Hale chip shop

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Hale chip shop after one of the deep fat friers caught fire.


Crews were called to the Good Catch chip shop, on Stamford Park Road, at around 7.25pm on Saturday, May 3.


The frier had mistakenly been left switched on, but the owner had used dry powder and a fire blanket before firefighters arrived.


Crews made sure the area was completely safe and carried out a home safety check.
 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree