Sale woman suffers facial burns after microwave spark sets fire to oxygen from her medical tank

Sale woman hospitalised with facial burns after microwave spark sets fire to oxygen from her medical tank

Sale woman hospitalised with facial burns after microwave spark sets fire to oxygen from her medical tank

First published in News
Last updated

A WOMAN was hospitalised with serious facial and neck burns after a microwave set fire to the oxygen surrounding her medical oxygen tank.


Firefighters from Sale and Altrincham fire stations were called to her home on Manor Avenue, Sale, at around 10.50pm last night and found the 66-year-old woman with approximately 10 per cent burns.


She was taken to the burns unit at Wythenshawe Hospital by ambulance.


The woman, who requires the use of an oxygen tank at all times, had tried to heat up some food in her microwave, which caused a spark.


The spark lit the oxygen surrounding her nasal cannula and her head was engulfed in flames.


She did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
 

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree