Boy, 13, became seriously ill after drinking bottle of the legal high 'poppers' he bought from Sale shop

Boy, 13, became seriously ill after drinking bottle of the legal high 'poppers' he bought from Sale shop

Boy, 13, became seriously ill after drinking bottle of the legal high 'poppers' he bought from Sale shop

First published in News

A 13-year-old boy became seriously ill after drinking a bottle of the legal high ‘poppers’ from a shop in Sale.


Police received reports that the teenager had drank the contents of a bottle labelled ‘Liquid Gold’ on December 29, 2013.


The product contained Amyl Nitrate, a legal high, and the boy was taken to hospital after he became seriously ill.


He was treated and released the next day.


Police will be interviewing the shop owner under caution and inquiries are ongoing.


Sgt Beverley Cowan said: “As proven, if Liquid Gold is consumed, it can have very serious effects on the body.


“Although this is not illegal to sell and is often marketed as an air freshener, it is an offence to sell an intoxicating substance to anyone aged 18 or under. We are now investigating this matter.


“I would advise those who have bought Liquid Gold not to drink it as people will be putting themselves at an extreme risk of harm that could lead to fatal consequences.”
 

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree