Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Lounge of Flixton house catches fire
12:06pm Monday 4th March 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Flixton house after a lounge caught fire.
One crew from Stretford and two from Eccles were called to the house on Ullswater Road at around 6.40pm on March 1.
The living room was significantly fire damaged and the rest of the house was smoke damaged in the blaze which was caused by a lamp being placed too close to a curtain, which subsequently set alight.
The occupant was not home at the time and the lamp had come on via a timer. it is thought a neighbour was alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.
Fire crews intend to return to the house to carry out a home safety check.