Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Sale woman rescued from house fire by neighbour
11:21am Tuesday 26th February 2013 in News
A BRAVE neighbour rescued a Sale woman from a house fire.
The blaze began after a washing machine caught fire at the 55-year-old woman’s house on Barleycorn Close, at around 11.30pm on February 23, but quickly got out of hand.
The fire spread through the house, but it is thought the occupant did not realise as she did not have fire alarms installed at her home.
The woman’s neighbour was then alerted to the incident after smelling smoke and managed to get the woman out of her house before firefighters arrived.
When fire crews from Sale, Altrincham and Stretford stations arrived, they entered the property wearing breathing apparatus and put out the blaze with a hose reel.
The kitchen was completely destroyed by the fire and the rest of the house was badly smoke damaged.
Police and five North West Ambulance vehicles were at the scene, the woman was looked over by paramedics but she declined hospital treatment.