Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Discarded cigarette causes small fire at Altrincham shop
11:42am Monday 25th February 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to an Altrincham shop after some cavity wall insulation caught fire.
The incident took place at the Oxford Road store at around 4.20pm on February 22.
Crews from Stretford and Sale attended and put out the blaze – which had been caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette – with a small quantity of water.
A portion of the cavity wall located to the rear of the shop was damaged by the fire.