FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Timperley flat after a pan of food caught fire.
Crews from Sale and Altrincham were called to the Deansgate Lane address at around 7.20pm when the apartment’s fire alarm began to sound yesterday.
It is thought the occupant had left the food unattended on the cooker and then left the flat, allowing the pan to burn dry and igniting a fire.
The apartment was completely smoke-logged when crews arrived, two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property and put out the fire with a hose reel and cleared the smoke with an electric fan.
As the occupant was not at home at the time, firefighters are hoping to return later this week and carry out a home safety check.
To book a free home safety check which could include the fitting of smoke alarms, call 0800 555 815 or visit bit.ly/cCvFr0