Firefighters called to smoke-logged Timperley apartment

Crews from Sale and Altrincham were called to the Deansgate Lane address.

Crews from Sale and Altrincham were called to the Deansgate Lane address.

First published in News
Last updated

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Timperley flat after a pan of food caught fire.

Crews from Sale and Altrincham were called to the Deansgate Lane address at around 7.20pm when the apartment’s fire alarm began to sound yesterday.

It is thought the occupant had left the food unattended on the cooker and then left the flat, allowing the pan to burn dry and igniting a fire.

The apartment was completely smoke-logged when crews arrived, two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property and put out the fire with a hose reel and cleared the smoke with an electric fan.

As the occupant was not at home at the time, firefighters are hoping to return later this week and carry out a home safety check.

To book a free home safety check which could include the fitting of smoke alarms, call 0800 555 815 or visit bit.ly/cCvFr0

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree