Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Elderly Stretford man taken to hospital after chip pan fire
9:49am Monday 18th February 2013 in News
AN elderly man was taken to hospital after a chip pan fire at his Stretford home.
The 85-year-old had left the pan unattended at his semi-detached house on Garden Avenue on February 16.
Fire crews were called at around 10pm and found that the fire was out before they arrived at the scene, but it had caused serious damage to the kitchen of the address.
The pensioner was given oxygen therapy treatment by paramedics and was then taken to Trafford General Hospital.
He has since been discharged and is said to be recovering well.
Firefighters from Stretford and Sale stations fitted two fire alarms at the house, to book a free home safety check which could include the fitting of smoke alarms, call 0800 555 815 or visit /fire_safety_advice/home_fire_risk_assessments.aspx.