Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Two separate light fitting fires at Old Trafford office blocks
11:50am Friday 18th January 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to two Old Trafford office blocks in separate incidents of light fittings setting alight yesterday.
In the first instance, crews from Stretford and Moss Side fire stations were called to Alexander House, on Talbot Road.
An office worker had smelt burning and a fire alarm had sounded at around 1.30pm.
Upon arrival, the firefighters called for a third crew from Manchester Central Fire Station as a precautionary measure, due to the size and number of floors in the block.
The crews found that the fire was limited to a light fitting on the second floor of the building.
The firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze wuth a fire extinguisher.
It is thought the fire was caused due to an electrical fault, there are no reports of employees having to evacuate the building.
At 4.45pm that evening, a crew from Sale Fire Station was called to an office building on Warwick Road.
Again, the fire was limited to one light fitting, which was on the ground floor of the building.
The blaze had been extinguished prior to the crew’s arrival, but firefighters used a high pressure fan to disperse the residual smoke.
Fire damage was limited to the light fittings in both instances.