Pensioner suffers smoke inhalation after pan fire at his home

First published in News

A 71-year-old came home to discover a fire in his kitchen.


The incident took place at around 3.15pmon Saturday (January 5) in the kitchen of a semi-detached house on Barton Road, Lostock, Stretford.


It is thought the pensioner had put a pan of food on the hob of his electric cooker, but then forgot about it and went out.


Fire crews Stretford and Sale stations entered the house and put out the blaze with a hose reel.


The man had breathed in quite a lot of smoke, but declined oxygen treatment from fire service staff and hospital treatment.


The crews made the area safe, dispersed the smoke, carried out a Home Safety Check and installed a smoke alarm.


To book a free Home Safety Check, visit manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_risk_assessments.aspx.
 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree