Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Altrincham and Sale West (House of Commons)
Mr Graham Brady MP (Conservative)
Surgery: Altrincham and Sale West
Altrincham WA15 8QW
Surgery Tel: 0161 904 8828
MP Since - 1997 Majority - 11,595 Born - 20/05/1967, Married, 1 daughter.
Education - Altrincham Grammar School, University of Durham (BA Hons Law). Previous Occupation - Shandwick plc 1989-90, Assistant Director, Centre for Policy Studies (1990-92), Public Affairs Director, The Waterfront Group (1992-97).
Personal Overview - In 1997 he was the youngest Conservative MP to be elected, and only one of two for the whole of the Liverpool and Manchester conurbation. With the Liberal Democrats taking Cheadle in 2001 the Tory tally was reduced further to just Brady. His political activity started at Durham University, with his principal interests developing in European, Foreign Affairs and Trade issues. He is also concerned with Environment and Education (particularly defending grammar schools). Business experience in Public Affairs is likely to give him a sound feeling for the political process, and a general media awareness not shared by some of his older Conservative colleagues. Some commentators have claimed he has a resemblance to Prince Andrew. Resigned from the Conservative Front Bench in May 2007 after he had been reprimanded by the Party Chief Whip for publicly defending Grammar Schools, a position which contradicted the one put forward by leader David Cameron who supported extending City Academies. He also later criticised Party Leader David Cameron for not appealing enough to voters in the North and Midlands. Was elected Chairman of the influential Conservative back bench 1922 Committee in May 2010 defeating Richard Ottaway by 126 votes to 85.
Political History - Chairman of Durham University Conservative Association (1987-88), Chairman of Northern Conservative Students (1987-89), Vice-Chairman of East Berkshire Conservative Association (1993-95). Member for Altrincham & Sale West (1997-). Joint Secretary of the Conservative Back Bench Education & Employment Committee (1997-99), Secretary (1999-2001). Joint Vice Chairman of the Town Centre Management Issue Group (1997-2001), former Joint Chairman of the All Party Rail Freight Group. Joint Vice-Chairman, Advertising All Party Group. Member of the Education & Employment Select Committee, Employment (Sub-Committee) (1997-2001), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) Select Committee (2004-05). Member of the Treasury Select Committee (2007-10). Member of the Executive 1922 Select Committee (1998-2000), (2007-). PPS to Rt. Hon. Michael Ancram MP (Conservative Party Chairman) (1999-2000). Opposition Whip (2000). Opposition Spokesman for Education & Skills (Schools) (2001-03). PPS to the Rt Hon Michael Howard MP, Conservative Party Leader (2003-04). Opposition Front Bench Spokesman for Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (Shadow Minister for Europe) (2004-07). Member of the Reform of the House of Commons Committee (2009-10). Chairman of the 1922 Committee (2010-).
Characteristics - He also represents a rare breed in his Tory representation of a Greater Manchester constituency.
Business Tel: 020 7219 1260
Interests: Environment,European Issues,General Trade & Industry,Foreign Affairs,Town Centre Man.,Education & Training,Railways Industry
- All-Party Parliamentary Angling Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Autism (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Friends of the Baha'is Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Bingo (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Lawn Bowls (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Brass Bands (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Breast Cancer (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Cannabis and Children (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Childcare (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary City Regions Transport Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Coeliac Disease and Dermatitis Herpetiformis (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Credit Unions (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Eye Health and Visual Impairment (Member)
- Food and Drink Manufacturing Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Headache Disorders (Member)
- Historic Churches (Associate Group) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Housing and Planning Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Infrastructure (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Irish in Britain (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Learning Disability (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Non-Profit Making Members' Clubs (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Multiple Sclerosis (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Private Rented Sector (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Rail Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Roofing Industry (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Scotch Whisky and Spirits Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Stroke (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Wine and Spirit Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Asean Region (Member)
- British-Belize Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Cayman Islands (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Dominican Republic Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Georgia (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Hungary Group (Member)
- All-Party British-Italian Parliamentary Group (Member)
- British-Lithuania Group (Member)
- All-Party British-Maldives Parliamentary Group (Treasurer)
- British-Montserrat Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Philippines (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Poland (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Portugal (Vice Chairman)
- UK-Singapore Group (Secretary)
- British-Slovenia Group (Member)
- British-Spanish Group (Member)
- British-St Lucia Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Thailand (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Trinidad and Tobago (Member)
- Turks and Caicos Islands Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Vietnam (Member)
North West (European Parliament)
Mr Paul Nuttall MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 1977. Married.
Education - Savio High School. Hugh Baird College. North Lincolnshire College (HND Sport Science) Edge Hill University BA (Hons) History. Liverpool Hope University, MA History. City and Guilds 7307 Teaching Qualification. Certificate in Education. Liverpool Hope University, PhD History (Pending).
Previous Occupation - History Lecturer at Hugh Baird College (2002-06). Lecturer in History at Liverpool Hope University (2003-06). European Parliamentary Assistant and Political Advisor to John Whittaker MEP (2006-08).
Personal Overview - Effectively replaced former UKIP MEP John Whittaker at the 2009 European Elections who he had worked for as an assistant at the Parliament for several years. Has an academic background as a lecturer in the Merseyside area. Politically, he has achieved relatively rapid promotion within the party in recent years, becoming Party Chairman in 2008. In terms of European politics, he has gained experience through his work for John Whittaker MEP, he has also acted as a political consultant to Godfrey Bloom MEP and has been Editor of the Bulletin from Brussels Magazine. As well as opposing Britain's membership of the European Union, his political interests include campaigning against political correctness as well as campaigning to save post offices and British pubs.
Political History - Joined UKIP (2004). General Election candidate for Bootle (2005). Candidate for Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council (2006,07,08). Chairman of South Sefton UKIP Branch (2005-2006). Secretary of Young Independence (2008-). Political Consultant to Godfrey
Bloom MEP (2008-09). Chairman of UKIP (2008-). MEP North West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (2009-). Substitute member of the Committee on Culture and Education (2009-11).
Other Information - Member of the Executive Council of the United Commonwealth Society (2007-). Member of the Campaign Against Political Correctness (2006-). Member of the Freedom Association.
Intergroups - N/a.
Mr Paul Nuttall MEP (UK Independence) on Twitter
Messenger Newspapers has no responsibility or control over the content on external blogging sites, but you can contact us if you have a complaint.
Interests: Saving Post Offices from closure,Campaigning against Political Correctness
- Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org