Send us news, start your message Messenger News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Warrington South (House of Commons)
Mr David Mowat MP (Conservative)
Surgery: 1 Stafford Road
Surgery Tel: 01925 231267
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 1,553 Born - 20/02/1957, Married (Nicky), 4 children (Andrew, Laura, Emma and Victoria).
Education - Lawrence Sheriff Grammar School (Rugby), Imperial College (Civil Engineering). Chartered Accountant - qualified with Arthur Andersen. Accenture (1981-2005) - latterly as Industry Global Managing Partner responsible for worldwide Energy Practice.
Previous Occupation - Chartered Accountant. Financial and management consultancy - Accenture. Charitable work - Chairman, Fairbridge - Greater Manchester charity focused on improving life chance for young people.
Personal Overview - One of the examples of social mobility now so close to the hearts of all the main political parties. The new MP for Warrington South was raised in Warwickshire and attended a selective grammar school based in Rugby. He moved out of the corporate world some years before his election and more latterly has been Chairman of a local charity based in Salford, Greater Manchester aiming to improve the skills and personal confidence of young people aged 14-21.
Political History - Constituency officer and Treasurer, Tatton Constituency (George Osborne's seat), Member for Warrington South (2010-). Member of the Scottish Affairs Select Committee (2010-12). PPS to Greg Clark, Financial Secretary to the Treasury (2012-13), as Minister of State for Cities and the Constitution (2013-).
Characteristics - In his leisure time he enjoys golf, chess and rugby. Governor, Wilmslow school. His wife is a primary school teacher.
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
Interests: Business & Finance,Family Issues,Energy,Health,Charities,Youth Issues,Engineering Industry
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the UK Aluminium Industry (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Excellence in the Built Environment (Member)
- Chemical Industry Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Clean Coal (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Cleaning and Hygiene Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for High Speed Rail (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Housing in the North (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Light Rail Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Nuclear Energy (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Responsible Investment (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Rugby League Group (Vice Chairman)
- Parliamentary and Scientific Committee Group (Member)
- Skills and Employment (Associate Group) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Taxation Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Victims and Witnesses of Crime (Member)
- West Coast Main Line Group (Member)
North West (European Parliament)
Mr Paul Nuttall MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 1977. Married.
Education - Savio High School. Hugh Baird College. North Lincolnshire College (HND Sport Science) Edge Hill University BA (Hons) History. Liverpool Hope University, MA History. City and Guilds 7307 Teaching Qualification. Certificate in Education. Liverpool Hope University, PhD History (Pending).
Previous Occupation - History Lecturer at Hugh Baird College (2002-06). Lecturer in History at Liverpool Hope University (2003-06). European Parliamentary Assistant and Political Advisor to John Whittaker MEP (2006-08).
Personal Overview - Effectively replaced former UKIP MEP John Whittaker at the 2009 European Elections who he had worked for as an assistant at the Parliament for several years. Has an academic background as a lecturer in the Merseyside area. Politically, he has achieved relatively rapid promotion within the party in recent years, becoming Party Chairman in 2008. In terms of European politics, he has gained experience through his work for John Whittaker MEP, he has also acted as a political consultant to Godfrey Bloom MEP and has been Editor of the Bulletin from Brussels Magazine. As well as opposing Britain's membership of the European Union, his political interests include campaigning against political correctness as well as campaigning to save post offices and British pubs.
Political History - Joined UKIP (2004). General Election candidate for Bootle (2005). Candidate for Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council (2006,07,08). Chairman of South Sefton UKIP Branch (2005-2006). Secretary of Young Independence (2008-). Political Consultant to Godfrey
Bloom MEP (2008-09). Chairman of UKIP (2008-). MEP North West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (2009-). Substitute member of the Committee on Culture and Education (2009-11).
Other Information - Member of the Executive Council of the United Commonwealth Society (2007-). Member of the Campaign Against Political Correctness (2006-). Member of the Freedom Association.
Intergroups - N/a.
Interests: Saving Post Offices from closure,Campaigning against Political Correctness
- Environment, Public Health & Food Safety (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to email@example.com